Most of our reactions in life are a result of unhealthy lifestyles. This goes beyond what we eat, but rather how we live. Each choice we make affects the other, staying Conscious in a fast paced world can be challenging. And with these 10 steps we can remind ourselves how to stay connected for a more grounded life.
“A stupid person behaves mechanically: an intelligent person behaves consciously.” ~Osho
1. Live simply and live deliberately. It is alright to allow yourself some space from the day to day grind. It is so easy to get caught up in the craziness of our existence. By choosing some time to slow down and focus on self, you will discover that you have more time to enjoy being alive.
2. Stay in touch with yourself. As most of our time is spent in the presence of others, we can very easily lose connection with ourselves. Being alone is a gift allowing time to observe your own emotions, reactions, likes, dislikes, dreams, and fears. Meditation and journaling are a couple of excellent ways to discover self, but simply being alone without outside stimulation is enough to get you in touch with the real you.
3. Support or teach others as often as you can. My philosophy is that there are preachers and there are teachers. True teachers are those who live their lesson. Become the example of which you wish to teach. This will allow you the opportunity to make the world a better place.
4. Consciously choose what you will allow into your being. Outside stimulation can draw us into a dramatic and chaotic place. Media bombards our visions with death, war, violence and evil, tainting your world with fear and pain. Make choices of that which you wish to read, watch or listen too.
5. Acknowledge the beauty that resides around you. It doesn’t matter where you are, there is beauty in everything. Find the beauty that surrounds you, recognize it, and embrace it, each day.
6. Nurture your ties to others. Having the love , support, guidance and companionship of others can be very rewarding. Take the time to nurture the relationships that are meaningful for you and reap the benefits of having loved ones in your life.
7. See the larger picture. Creating a broader perspective on life allows you a space to grow. Educate, research, travel and discuss other ways of being and open yourself to the life you have always wanted. Just because you choose to live one way, it does not mean it is the only way to live.
8. Embrace the challenges that life presents to you, and challenge yourself often. We all fall into a place of redundancy and routine. It is easy to find comfort and boredom in the mundane. Creating challenges and stimulation for ourselves through creativity, and knowledge it opens us up to a more fulfilling life.
9. Move your body. Rest and relaxation does not necessarily mean being sedentary. Physical movement reacquaints us with our bodies and connects us to the earth in a visceral way. It also restores our vitality. Make time for some conscious movement, whether it is walking, yoga, or swimming, it will enhance your lifestyle greatly.
10. Make time for stillness, silence, and solitude. In today’s world, we find quiet time is hard to come by. However, just moments a day of stillness and silence can invigorate the senses, calm the mind, and enhance well-being. Being alone in a peaceful place can help you stay in touch with yourself.
“We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” ~Albert Einstein
Tags: detox diet, diana stobo, Eating Vegan, Eating Vegan Foods, Get Naked Fast, green, health, Naked Nourishment, Nutrition, Raw Food, raw food detox diet, vegan, Vegan Eating, Vegan Food, Vegan Living, whole foods